Dr. B. Hema Kumar
Name B.HEMA KUMAR
Educational Qualification B.Tech, , M.Tech, Ph.D, PGDDI, PGDBA
Designation Assistant Professor
Experience Academic / Industry 8.5 Years as on August 2013
Official Contact Address Assistant Professor, Dept of EIE, Pondicherry Engineering College
Faculty Official Phone with Extn 0413 2655281 (552)
Email Official email@example.com
Alternate Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses Handled Electrical Instruments and Measurements
Transducers and Measurements
Analog and Digital Instrumentation
Electric Circuit Analysis
Digital Signal Processing
Modern Measurement Techniques
Design Project Lab
Modern Electronic Instruments Lab
Microprocessors and Applications Lab
Industrial Automation Lab
Computer Control of Process Lab
Linear and Digital Integrated Circuits Lab
Research Areas Biomedical Instrumentation, Signal Processing
Publications International Journals: 1
International Conferences: 3
National Conferences: 3
Membership in Prof Societies Life Member In Indian Society for Technical Education
Life Member in Biomedical Engineering Society of India
Life Member in Instrument Society of India
Associate Member in Institution of Engineers
Life Member in Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs
Life Member in Society for Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
Life Member in All India Association for Educational Research
List of Publications
1. B.HemaKumar, “A fuzzy expert system design for analysis of body sounds and designof an unique electronic stethoscope (development of HILSA kit)”, International Journal Biosensors and Bioelectronics (Elseiver), 22 (2007) pp. 1121–1125.
2. B.HemaKumar&R.Anandanatarajan, “Separation of Heart Sounds & Lung Sounds using Independent Component Analysis”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Man-Machine Systems, , BatuFerringhi, Penang, MALAYSIA, 11 – 13 October 2009.
3. B.HemaKumar&R.Anandanatarajan, “Extraction Techniques of Heart and Lung sounds from Electronic Stethoscope Auscultation”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Trends in Industrial Measurements and automation, Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai, Jan 4th to 6th, 2009.
4. B.HemaKumar, ““MLEM Image reconstruction using median prior”, Proceedings of the International conference on applied bioengineering, Sathyabama University in association with National Institute of ocean technology, 5-7 Dec 2008
5. B.Hemakumar, “Automated Drug delivery system in acute de-compensated heart failure”, Proceedings of National level conference Biocursors, RGCET, Puducherry, 21st& 22nd March 2008.
6. B.Hemakumar, “Embedded Microcontroller Based Digital Telemonitoring System for ECG”, Proceedings of National conference on Instrumentation Systems Measurement and Automation (CISMA 07), EIE department, PEC, Puducherry, 7th February 2008.
7. B.Hemakumar, “Thermistor based breathing sensor for Circadian rhythm evaluation”, Proceedings of National conference on Biomedical engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal on Oct 5-6, 2007.
• Participated in two days TCS sponsored FDP on Thinking for design: A conceptual and pedagogical tool for the engineering teachers, organized by Pondicherry Engineering College, on 12th& 13thOct 2007
• Participated in two weeks AICTE-ISTE sponsored STTP on Biological system design and information processing, organized by PSNA college of engineering and Technology, Dindigul, from 5th - 14th May 2008
• Participated in two weeks Short term course on Information Security, organized by Pondicherry Engineering College, from 1.6.2009 to 12.6.2009
• Participated in One week faculty training, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt. of INDIA sponsored Six Sigma Green Belt Training, organized by Pondicherry Engineering College from 19.4.2010 to 23.4.2010
• Participated in two weeksSDPon Smart operations and control of Electric machines and Power systems, organized by Dept. of EEE, Pondicherry Engineering College, from 2.6.2010 to 12.6.2010
• Participated in Four days FREESCALE SEMICONDUCTORS sponsored Intensive Hands-On faculty training programme on Embedded System Processors, organized by Pondicherry Engineering College from 29th July to 1st Aug 2010
• Participated in Two weeks ISTE sponsored STTP on Nano Engineering Materials, organized by Dept. of Physics, Pondicherry Engineering College from 13.12.2010 to 23.12.2010
• Participated in One week AICTE sponsored SDP on Computational Intelligence to Power System Analysis, Control & Optimization (CIPACO), organized by Dept. of EEE, Pondicherry Engineering College from 06.06.2011 to 10.06.2011
• Participated in Two weeks AICTE sponsored SDP on Computational Biology, Organized by Annamalai University from 21.11.2011 to 03.12.2011
• Participated in the One week TEQUIP sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Recent Advances in Green Engineering” organized by Dept. of ECE, PEC from 3rd to 7th December 2012.
• Participated in the One week TEQUIP sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Recent Trends in Measurement and Automation” organized by Dept. of EIE, PEC from 10th to 14th December 2012.
• Participated in the Four day Faculty workshop, under the continuing education program on “DSP Programming & Applications”, organized by Analog Devices – IIT Madras, DSP Learning Centre, Chennai from 8th May to 11th May 2013.
• Participated in the Two weeks AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Analysis, Operation and Control of Reconstructed Power Market” organized by Dept. of EEE, PEC from 27th to 7th June 2013.
other Information / Self Appraisal
• NCC Coordinator - 1(P) AIR SQN FLY NCC
• Member of Time Table Committee
• Member of Alumni Society
• Executive Member of Pondicherry Engineering College Teachers Association (PECTA) representing Dept. of EIE